Friday 8 March 2013

7th March 2013 - having spent a very relaxing night at Old Hunstanton by the sea I headed off down south again to visit Cambridge to see the Samuel Pepys diary - he is also my hero.

SP shares my birthday - 23rd Feb. He also had a close friend called John Hawley (or Hawly as he sometimes spelt it - although as he wrote in code nobody really knows for sure).

I failed to get there. The Spitfire decided to blow its head gasket near Downham Market - the good old RAC saved me and took me home. A chap called Michael Harradine (M W Harradine on facebook) talked all the way home as he drove his low loader. He is passionate about everything especially diving. I was very sleepy by the end. 6 hours from breakdown to home. 3.5 hours in his cab - but he was a friendly chap.

The car is now in the garage waiting to be collected and to return to Corby where the work was carried out last year.

As I was doing a steady 50 and stopped almost straight away when I saw the cloud of smoke I am hopefully it is just a gasket swap and not a cracked/warped head.

There are no pictures. I have plenty of pictures of the Spitfire on RAC lorries in France.

SP must wait till another day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment